1.08.2009

Education... or something like that.

So.... I'm definitely becoming educated here. You know how in Illinois we have tornadoes and thunderstorms? Well, here they have ... earthquakes. Yes, Mom, you read that right. Today I experienced a 6.2 earthquake -- DON'T WORRY! I AM FINE -- but there's collapsed buildings in Alajuela and other cities nearby.

I was talking with the 5th grade teacher, Kim V., and everything started shaking and rumbling. All I could think is, "What the heck??" I didn't know what to do so we just kind of surfed through the quake. Noemy, the music teacher was yelling at us "Come out here!" and by the time we wobbled our way out of the room, the tremor was over. It's all over the TV here -- damage, a few deaths. My tico family is glued to CNN right now. Me too...

I'm safe! and I guess I'm educated now about earthquakes...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Well, I heard about the earthquake on the news this morning and was so concerned about you... glad you are ok!